SMSC development is not an extra ‘add-on’; it lies at the heart of what we do and, as you will have seen, is delivered through many of the key areas listed above. We also support children to develop these key skills through:
- Our assembly programme and weekly values
- Visits to our local linked churches (St Mary & All Saints and St Michael and All Angels) for special services at Easter, Christmas, and the end of the school year.
- Key displays around the school promoting our vision, key values, Golden Rules and British values.
- The promotion and use of our whole school Reflection Area alongside smaller classroom versions coupled with opportunities to reflect on each week’s key value.
- Family Group Assemblies enabling pupils to make connections and work with children from across the school.
- The regular use of talk partners and group work in class